South Carson Street
12/13/19 Update: The project design is complete! The project team is pleased to announce the completion of the project design after nearly a year of design progression since the initial public kick-off meeting on December 11, 2018. During the design phase, the project team has conducted over 20 public meetings to gather useful feedback on various project features.
Over the next 2 months, the project will enter the project construction bidding stage, with heavy construction commencing in February 2020. In January 2020, the project team will hold another public meeting to discuss the construction process, schedule, and access for the public and businesses along the corridor during construction (more details to come on this in early January).
Project Meetings and Updates
The following video displays a roundabout located in Scottsdale Arizona, which has similar features to the current roundabout design for the Stewart Street and South Carson Street intersection. This video will detail the proper use of a multi-lane roundabout.
- 90% Design Exhibits
- RTC-Staff Report
- South Carson Complete Streets Project Traffic Study Presentation
- April 12 Public Workshop Conceptual Maps
- 60% Illustrative Plans
60% Roundabout Demo and Improvements Exhibit
- South Carson Flythrough_30% Design from Design Workshop - Tahoe on Vimeo.
- Illustrative Plans of the 30% Design Layout
- RTC-South Carson Complete Streets Project Presentation PowerPoint